Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Post Secret

Shh...don't tell anyone.

It'll be our little secret.

Yes, I'm at work.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  I mean it!

I have a friend who is completing a 30 day blog challenge.  Asshole.  (Just kidding, Richard!)

Maybe I'm doing a 30 month blog challenge...once every three years.  Forget the fact that my last post was five years ago.  Shut up, I don't need your negativity.

I'm just sitting here typing.  Nothing to say, and I don't care.  Guess what the point of this exercise is???  Yep, just write some shit.  Write it down.  I can talk about anything!  I mean, my last post...really really hilarious to me right now.  I remember that well; Charlie Sheen's meltdown.  I still feel for him.  At the same time...DONALD TRUMP, I HAVE YOUR RUNNING MATE!!!

It's an angry world out there, people.  I recently participated in my first ever protest at the ripe young age of 44, wielding a poster that said "Hate won't make America great."  My ever-supportive life partner/fellow cat-lover/favorite unicorn was so excited, he placed said poster in the front window of our first floor apartment.  It sat there for months.  At first our neighbor complimented us on it.  But then...just last week, he asked if I'd be willing to take it down.  He'd seen people scowl at it, and one night someone backed up and shined their headlights at it to get a better look, presumably.  

WTF, people.  What the holy effing fuck.  Just mentioning hate and anger brings it out, apparently.  And there are people freaking out about predators in public bathrooms, except they're not talking about Republican Senators.  They're actually referring to transgendered people using their bathroom of choice, the one they identify with, and pretending that these vulnerable trans people are a danger to children.  No, YOU ARE.  Not you, dear reader.  You know what I mean.

I don't have words for this.  I don't know how to counteract all of this hate and twisted thinking.  I didn't even set out to write about this today, but here it is.  So I took the sign down, to which dear unicorn love responded "Are you fucking KIDDING me?"  Not aimed at me but at the situation, the reason for the request, and perhaps a little bit towards our neighbor.  But what are we to do?  Yeah, radiate love and all that shit.  Doing it.  OK, I'm kind of not, because now I'M angry too.  And a little hateful.  Which means the terrorists are winning.

I'm ending here.  This blog doesn't have to make sense, it just has to exist.  For now.  Amen.  :P


1 comment: